The Seven Catholic Precepts…
Below is a list of the five precepts of the the Catholic Church. The additional two (making seven) are actually included elsewhere in the catechism but, they are not listed as precepts.
What is important to note is that these seven precepts are what is taught in the educational indoctrination of what it requires to be a faithful following Catholic and in some cases failing to do so, is called a sin.
- I.) To attend Mass on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation, and resting from servile works.
- II.) To observe the days of abstinence and fasting.
- III.) To confess our sins to a priest, at least once a year.
- IV.) To receive Our Lord Jesus Christ in the Holy Eucharist at least once a year during Easter Season.
- V.) To contribute to the support of the Church.
- VI.) To obey the laws of the Church concerning Matrimony.
- VII.) To participate in the Church’s mission of Evangelization of Souls (Missionary Spirit of the Church).
Writing with the Veiled…